How can I extend my visa in Vietnam? How much does it cost to extend visa in Vietnam? Is the procedure difficult? All these questions about extending Visa in Vietnam will be answered in the post below.
1. Vietnam Visa Extension Overview
There are two types of applicants for visa extension in Vietnam, consisting of:
- Those entering Vietnam with a valid visa; and
- Those entering Vietnam with visa exemption.
1.1. Requirements to extend Vietnam visa
Before the Vietnam visa is about to expire, the individuals, organizations or businesses who guarantee foreigners to enter Vietnam for travelling or work carry out the procedure to extend Vietnam visa for those people, prepare the required documents and submit them directly to one of the three working offices of the Immigration Department – Ministry of Public Security or the Immigration Department of the province or city where the foreigners are staying.
In order to get visa extended, the following requirements should be met:
- Their foreign passport to carry out the visa extension in Vietnam must be valid and their extended visa shall be valid for at least 01 month shorter than the duration of their passport
- Foreigners staying in Vietnam must have a register of temporary residence from the police of the area where the foreigner resides.
- The current visa for Vietnam is still valid.
- There is a company in Vietnam guarantees to carry out procedures to extend Vietnam visa for foreigners for business, work and investment visa.
- Foreigners have not committed crimes during their stay in Vietnam.
1.2. Requirement to extend visa exemption Vietnam
- Individuals on entry with visa exemption papers are guaranteed by agencies, organizations and individuals in Vietnam and have a plausible reason.
- Vietnamese residing abroad and foreigners being spouses, children of Vietnamese residing abroad or Vietnamese citizens holding valid passports or international travel at least 1 year.
- Not in the cases of not allowing entry and suspension of exit as prescribed.
2. Where to extend visa in Vietnam?
The Vietnam visa extension can be done of one of the office of Vietnam Immigration Department as mentioned below or the Immigration Office at the province/city of residence.
- Extend Vietnam visa in Hanoi: 44 – 46 Tran Phu Street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
- Extend Vietnam visa in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City): 333 – 335 – 337 Nguyen Trai Street, Nguyen Cu Trinh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Immigration Management Department of provinces/ cities: For the foreigners who are temporarily staying or working in the province or city.
3. How to extend visa in Vietnam
To extend visa in Vietnam, the foreigners or their representatives must follow these steps:
Step 1: Prepare the documents as prescribed by law:
- Declaration form for issuance, supplement, amendment of visa and extension of temporary residence (form NA5).
- Passport or valuable papers of international travel of foreigners.
Besides, depending on the type of visa, the Vietnamese visa agency will ask you to prepare additional documents.
Step 2: Submit the document directly at the office of the Immigration Department – Ministry of Public Security
- Vietnamese agencies, organizations, Vietnamese citizens and foreigners legally residing in Vietnam submit the documents to one of the working offices of the Immigration Department – Ministry of Public Security.
- Officers will receive documents examining the legality and content:
- If the document is complete, valid, the officer will receive the document, print and give a receipt, an appointment to return results.
- If the application document is not yet valid, the officer will instruct the applicant to complete the document.
Application time: from Monday to Saturday morning (except on New Year, holidays and Sundays).
Step 3: Receive the result
Individuals who come to receive the results have to show the receipt to the officer for comparison, if there is a result of visa extension, individuals will receive the result, pay the fee and sign the receipt.
In case you do have no time to follow this procedure, just leave us a message at Suppor[email protected] or call us at +84.946.583.583 for assistance.
4. Processing time of visa extension in Vietnam
Time for processing Vietnam visa extension is from 7 to 10 working days from the day when the required documents are fully submitted. At Vietnamvisa.sg, you can get it processed urgently within 3 working days.
5. How much to extend Vietnam visa
The cost to extend Vietnam visa changes from case to case, depending on the nationality, the original visa type (1 month/ 3 months/ 5 years, single/ multiple), how much time you want to extend and where it is issued. It also depends on whether you do it yourself or use a Vietnam visa extension service.
In case the latter is selected, you can refer to our cost to extend Vietnam visa.
6. Vietnam visa extension duration
A Vietnam visa validity can be extended for 15 days, 1 months, 3 months or 6 months depending on its original validity.
However, the extension duration is subject to change from time to time. As such, before applying for visa extension, you should contact a visa agent like Vietnam-visa.com for checking.
Above are all the things you need to know about Vietnam visa extension. If you have any questions, just contact us at +84.946.583.583 or email [email protected] for the answers.