As you may know, all Singaporeans do not need a Vietnam visa for their stay in Vietnam of no more than 30 days. Otherwise, they will need a valid visa. And it, in this case, can be obtained in two ways:
- Apply via Vietnam Embassy in Singapore or in any third country;
- Apply for Vietnam visa on arrival;
What about other nationals residing in Singapore and wishing to visit Vietnam? Do they need a visa, and if yes, how to obtain it. The answer can be found here, in this post.
At the moment, Vietnamese government, in its bid to promote national tourism industry, is granting Vietnam visa exemption to a number of nationals for a certain periods of time. So, you nationality falls on this list, you do not need to obtain a visa for their trip to Vietnam. The list can be found here: https://www.vietnam-visa.com/vietnam-visa-exemption/.
No finding of your nationality in the list means you need a visa to Vietnam. And if this is the case, you may also have two ways to obtain a Vietnam visa like Singaporeans. While all can apply for Vietnam visa at embassy in Singapore, some are not support with visa on arrival. To check whether your nationality is support with this kind of visa, refer to the link: https://www.vietnam-visa.com/vietnam-visa-requirement/.
How to obtain Vietnam visa in Singapore
- Step 1: Download the Vietnam visa application form at website of Vietnam embassy in Singapore, fill it out, attach it with photo
- Step 2: Travel to the embassy, submit visa application, original passport and other documents as required by the embassy.
- Step 3: Pay for visa fee.
- Step 4: Travel back home and wait for visa application processed by the embassy.
- Step 5: Travel back to the embassy to pick up full visa for Vietnam.
Here are contact details of Vietnam embassy in Singapore:
- Address: 10 Leedon Park St., SINGAPORE 267887
- Phone: (65) 64625994
- Fax: (65) 6462 5936
- Email: [email protected]
How to obtain Vietnam visa on arrival?
- Follow there simple steps in the Online Application Form, fill in the secured form, make payment for service fee
- Wait for 2 working days (normal service) or 1 working day (urgent service) to get your Visa Approval Letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Department via email
- Print the approval letter out together with an entry and exit form (also attached in the email). Fill in the entry and exit form in advance (to save time at the arrival airport) and prepare 01 passport-sized photo
- Bring visa approval letter, photo, filled Entry and Exit form and required amount of money for stamping fee (USD is recommended) with you to get on your flights
- Get your visa stamped at Vietnam airport checking point by showing all prepared to the in-charge officer.
Both these ways of visa application provide you with a valid visa, so using which way is your choice.